Your IT staff are invaluable to the productivity and operations of your business. But, did you know that almost half of all IT help desk calls are related to printing? These highly-skilled and in-demand individuals aren’t experts in printer maintenance and repair. If your IT team is spending their time fixing printer issues, you’re wasting resources that could be better used elsewhere.
Value Your IT Staff
Having an in-house IT staff can be essential to business, helping to improve the customer experience and satisfaction, boost efficiency, and generate revenue. When surveyed, IT professionals expressed a wide range of management concerns including:
- Improving alignment of IT with the business
- Better business flexibility
- Improving productivity
- Increasing speed of IT delivery
- Reducing costs
When your IT staff is also responsible for printer management and maintenance, they are not able to focus on these important tasks. Troubleshooting a printer is not technical in nature, and does not require the skills of IT professionals. Because printer issues arise frequently, and can take considerable time to fix, you are losing the value of your IT employees.
Managed Print Services
For many companies, moving to Managed Print Services (MPS) is an affordable solution to relieve the burden of print environment management from their IT staff. MPS can provide valuable benefits to your company, including:
- Clear costs. Your print environment can harbor hidden costs that can easily be overlooked. By assessing your print environment, an MPS provider can design a more cost-efficient system, improving your bottom line.
- Automate your troubleshooting. When printer problems can be handled automatically, and often remotely, your IT staff no longer has to be burdened with them.
- Easy billing. When all your print costs are consolidated onto a single invoice, you can have a clear idea of what you’re spending, so you can more easily plan for it from month to month.
- More time to spend on high priority tasks. MPS allows your IT staff to focus on specific IT goals and priorities. By allowing your IT employees to do the jobs they were trained for, you can maximize their effectiveness for your business.
Printing is not an IT task, and print maintenance should not fall to your IT team. With MPS, you can experience cost and efficiency benefits, while freeing up your IT team for more mission-critical tasks.