Any organization looking to save money needn’t look much further than their print environment. It’s true that printing is an inevitable part of doing business but that doesn’t mean you should pay more than you have to. Knowing where to look for hidden print costs is the first step towards saving; here are some great tips to get you started.
- Be More Productive – Productivity levels can drop when waiting in line to use an overburdened printer or for another round of repairs to be completed. Place high quality, efficient equipment strategically throughout your office to save both time and money.
- Change Your Default Settings – Color prints aren’t always a necessity; for most departments, double-sided, black and white prints will do.
- Make The Right Call – Stop wasting valuable resources by calling your IT department to fix your printer issues: chances are they may not have the skills, or time, to solve them.
- Consolidate – Optimize your print network, and negotiate the best deals by choosing a single vendor for all your needs.
- Conserve Energy – An older, inefficient printer placed in a high-volume department creates unnecessarily large energy bills, when a newer Energy Star rated unit is a better, more environmentally friendly option. Relegate your smaller, low volume printers to a private office, or less populated section of the office.
- Invest Wisely – Any printer that looks like a bargain will most likely cost you more in supplies and maintenance in its lifetime. Maximize productivity and lower costs by investing wisely in a solid, quality printer with versatility and built in security.
- Check Your Supplies – Purchasing more supplies than you’ll use in a reasonable amount of time and storing them in an unsecured location is an invitation for theft.
For more tips on reigning in your print budget contact us today. In addition to helping you consolidate your resources, we can help ensure proper placement of your equipment and recommend the most efficient options to help you start saving immediately.