Does your team utilize all of the features your multifunction printer offers, or are they using it just for their day-to-day printing and copying needs, or maybe scanning the occasional document? Many offices aren’t using their MFPs to their fullest capacity….often because they just aren’t aware of all of the functionality available to them.
Let’s take a look at the types of MFPs and some of the features you most likely didn’t know your MFP offers!
Types of MFPs
Manufacturers separate products into categories to help differentiate core use. There are differences between copiers within each category. Some offer faster print times, others offer more functionality. While there isn’t a standard definition, most fall into one of these categories:
- All-in-one – Smaller desktop devices suitable for the home or home office. Most offer several features like a card reader for digital cameras or advanced wifi capabilities.
- Small office – The small office copier offers both a large desktop or small stand-alone unit, depending on your needs. Larger units offer more features and can typically, print, scan, copy and fax.
- Office Copier – Mid-sized or large units offering a wealth of features including networked document storage, custom software support and user authentication.
Top Features of MFPs
Most will offer a minimum of copying, faxing, scanning, and printing capabilities. Let’s look at some of the lesser-known features that can help you to take your office to the next level of productivity!
- Specialized Print Features – Some devices offer advanced finishing and folding capabilities like duplex printing, cover binding and stapling. Many devices also offer multiple paper sizes and multiple paper drawers.
- Fax Features – Did you know that the fax machine in many MFPs can also function as an answering machine? With a networked copier and user authentication, these devices can deliver voice messages to designated users.
- Scanning Features – Documents can be scanned directly into software programs to digitize office workflows. Scanned documents can be edited and stored on the cloud.
Want to learn more about how a new MFP can transform your office and increase productivity? Give us a call and let us show you all the functionality our MFPs have to offer!